This is a recipe I made up when I needed a quick fix of something sweet that would also be gluten free or even completely grain free. At the time I was still eating some sugar (once in a while) so this cake is not sugar free. I will however try the recipe again with Stevia and post it when I get it right.
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 4-5 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of sesame butter
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 100 grams of dark chocolate (at least 85% cocoa) chopped to very small pieces
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to medium heat (about 180 degrees Celsius (356 F)
- In a food processor or mixer whip eggs and sugar until you reach a light and fluffy consistency.
- Add the bananas, sesame butter, baking soda and vanilla sugar and continue to blend.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate and blend for a few more seconds.
- Pour batter into pans (the amount should make for 2 “English cake” or bread pans) and bake for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- (whip it together until light and fluffy) (continue to blend everything to a smooth batter)This made for 2 “English cake” pans, baked at about 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
The cake come out soft and moist. This is ok!
Replacement and upgrades:
- The cake comes out very sweet. For a sugar free version give up the sugar and vanilla sugar completely. Replace by vanilla extract (3-4 drops).
- For a drier, more “cake like” consistency add 1/c of almond flour (or finely ground almonds)